Thursday, December 3, 2009

My precious...

Hi…

Isn't she an absolute darling... I was away for the last 5 months preparing to welcome her into our lives... and I am happy…very happy…

Shruti and I have a baby girl with us now…so, now you know where I was all these days…I was with Shruti in the hospital trying to do my bit during those anxiety filled days and later sorting things out at home after she came back…our daughter was born premature…6 weeks before the expected date of delivery…and she was in the neonatal ICU for close to 3 weeks…

She is now three months old and is a delightful bundle of joy…we see a lot of things that she does as tantrums and some as demands and some as requests…but do we know actually? She manages to communicate effectively…she doesn’t want to be left alone…she is fond of music…she likes melodious music, not a big fan of beats…partial to instrumental music, I feel, but Shruti says she likes Hindustani classical vocal more…I’ve bought a harmonica and try and play random music on it hoping that she’ll appreciate my musical explorations…she listens intently sometimes and sometimes she screams…ha ha ha…so much for my music…

Now…both our lives are centred around her…anything else is incidental…we have named her ‘Sudhriti,’ meaning ‘positive courage’…and of course, we call her anything we feel is an endearment…chonu…sugar plum...precious...poochu…putumayo…buthros buthros [these two are mine… : )] …shona papa…putti…chinna…and her doctor calls her ‘bangaram’ (gold!)…

Truly amazing…

No comments: