Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year - Bringing up Father

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and all that jazz…

The past year has been as eventful as the ones before it…but 2009 had one major life changing moment…the birth of my daughter made 2009 into an unforgettable year… I am still tongue tied…can’t say how I feel even now…happiness, joy, et al, are OK, but don’t capture how I feel…so, I am just allowing myself to be carried away…my precious now smiles freely and openly and I just feel like I am melting…I try to be as useful and helpful as I possibly can at home, I carry her around when she is in a cranky mood or when she just wont lie down on her bed…I prepare her feeds…I play music for her and sometimes dance holding her…I can generally look after her, and the other day, I tried diaper-changing and felt that I can do it…but I still can’t feed her successfully and dress her up or give her a bath…but I think, I can do all of these eventually…and the political developments in December here in Hyderabad inadvertently, but pleasantly, gave me lots of time to spend with my little one...I think, I can interpret out some of her baby-talk...and when I make this long chirping kind of sound to draw her attention, she gurgles happily, says "hakkoooo" and gives a twinkling and uninhibited toothless laughter...and her hands and legs are just going up and down in pleasure...and my day is made...

No comments: