Tuesday, February 28, 2012

SOME OLD INDIAN FOUNTAIN PEN BRANDS - 5 - DUTY

The next in this series is a pen called DUTY…I found two similar looking pens, but only one was sort of named…I have clubbed them together here…as the photos would reveal, both are ebonite ED fillers…one looks ‘mono’ brown and the other is mottled brown in colour…I liked the arrow clips…very nicely done I thought…the nibs too are similar with ‘alloy steel fine’ pressed on them…the section on one is black in colour and the other is natural ebonite mottled brown… the feeders are dissimilar though, can’t say which is the one which belongs to the model… could be taken from some spare parts’ tub…I liked the feeder on the black section (I don’t know the technical name for this kind of feeder)… both pens look solid…again, can’t say anything about the origin of these pens…could have come from anywhere in India…well, here are some photos…


Both pens capped


The nice arrow clips


Nibs with sections


Feeders

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where can you find these vintage fountain pens sir

Anonymous said...

Hi, is it for sale