Wednesday, October 31, 2012

In search of the nostalgic MISAK Fountain Pen (in Hyderabad, India)...PART 3...Hari's Misaks


This is Part 3 of the Misak series…a kind of guest post…text and photos contributed by my friend Hari Balakrishna…

I had posted both parts of my search for Misak pens as one post on Fountain Pen Network along with the photos…and my Hari…a fellow fountain pen and watch enthusiast and fellow FNPer had written an enthusiastic response to my post and also posted photos of the Misak pens he had acquired…I thought his photos of his pens would give a sense of completeness to this present series on Misak pens…I asked his permission to have them on my blog and he agreed enthusiastically to this idea... so…here are the photos of Hari’s Misaks with the description in his own words…

Jai,

Thank you for taking the time to finally document the legendary Hyderabadi Misak pens.  Very little is known about them other than what you have so nicely presented. 

I own 4 Misaks. Here are some pictures:

The very first one that I bought from the now untraceable shop on RP road...

The same pen...uncapped...

Misak (Regd) stamped faintly on the barrel, hope I have been able to capture it adequately...

A Group photo of the others, the second one is courtesy you, thanks! The last two were kindly sent to me by another generous Hyderabadi FPNer whose FPN handle is anup.singh in Feb2010 that he had found in a shop at "Chandanagar” close to BHEL Township in Hyderabad for a princely sum of 15 Rupees each!!

Both 'Chandanagar' Misaks...uncapped...

The nibs are quite worn, but these are Misak branded nibs, also the clips have Misak on them...



Thank you Hari for your warm response to my post on FPN and the beautiful photos of your Misaks...it was a pleasure having you as a guest on my blog...

2 comments:

Shamanth Jilla said...

I was given a HERO 1000 as a gift but the ink is not flowing at all. Can you tell me where I can get it repaired in Hyderabad? Thank you in advance.

Jayasrinivasa Rao said...

Dear Shamanth...thanks for visiting...and you can always visit Deccan Pen Stores at Abids @ Orient Estate and by far they are the most well-known pen makers and repairers in Hyderabad...you can give your pen there for repair...and while you are there, you can try out their iconic ebonite pens...esp. the Advocate...Good Luck