Monday, May 5, 2014

Minor siblings of the Deccan Advocate...

I should have written about these two Deccan models long back … I think it was nearly four years ago, or maybe five years ago, that I found these two models at Deccan…I had gone there on one of those routine visits and found these...the reason I did not showcase these was maybe because there was another pen which had caught my fancy and I had written about that…maybe the Deccan Retro Series…I am not sure…

So…what made me pick up these models was this feeling that they looked like smaller and slimmer versions of the Advocate…these were smaller than the Advocate Jr… and I had felt that if these models took off then those FP enthusiasts who found the Advocate too big, but liked the looks, might go for one of these… I still do not know whether this was the first and only batch of these models or whether there were some earlier…but, I haven’t seen these models since…

They have the similar shape as the Advocate…the slimmest ones have the cap jewel almost halved…the cap band is still there…the original ball clip seen in the black Advocate and Advocate Junior in the group photo at the end, has given way to the tear-drop clip…I bought three, the bigger one in brown and the two smaller ones in green and black…the green one has a black cap jewel… all three pens have the Ambitious nibs and the feeders have that vertical groove on the middle, just like the earlier big Advocates…  


In the last photo, the group photo, one can see the Advocate, the Advocate Jr., the Advocate Minor Sr. and the Advocate Minor Jr.…









No comments: