Thursday, January 8, 2015

Waiting eagerly for this book in 2015 … the third in the Ibis Trilogy …

After the first and second novels in this trilogy, I was looking forward to the third novel … book launch forecasts in early 2014 indicated that the third one wouldn’t be out in the year and I was disappointed … it had been quite some since the second novel was launched and devoured and the wait was beginning to become unbearable …

Around four weeks back, a small report with the author’s photo in The Week gave out the good news that the third novel in the trilogy is ready and would be released sometime in mid 2015 … and the name of the novel too was mentioned … aha … I logged on to Amazon.in and typed the name and there it was … no, the book was not for sale, not even pre-order, but you could sign up for an ‘alert’ … a space for your email and a submit button and the amazonians would let you know when the book would be released … so, it is confirmed now that Amitav Ghosh’s third novel in the Ibis Trilogy would be released this year … 

During the days after reading the second novel, River of Smoke, I started this guessing game of the probable names the third novel would have … the first one was called Sea of Poppies … somewhere I was sure that the title would have some reference to ‘water’ … and after ‘Sea’ narrowed down to ‘River,’ I speculated that the title of the third would refer to a further narrowed down waterbody … ‘Lake’ perhaps … ‘Pond’ was too small …  ‘Stream’ may be … or even ‘Waterfall’ …


When I read the title of the third novel, I saw that there sure was a reference to ‘water,’ but not ‘Lake’ or ‘Stream’ or ‘Waterfall,’ but ‘Flood!’ … and there was ‘Fire’ too … the third novel in the Ibis Trilogy is called ‘Flood of Fire’  … and amazon has a picture of the book jacket … I think it is the cover photo of the American edition, and it is a little dry for my liking  … I liked the vibrant jacket designs of the Indian hardback editions of Sea of Poppies and River of Smoke and I hope when the Indian hardback edition of Flood of Fire releases, it would be as beautiful as the book jackets of the first and the second novels … those of you who want to read more about Flood of Fire, you could check out this link … http://www.amazon.in/Flood-Fire-Novel-Ibis-Trilogy/dp/0374174245/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420700315&sr=8-1&keywords=flood+of+fire … but for now, I am waiting with only this photo of the book jacket for company …  


No comments: