Thursday, June 11, 2015

Flood of Fire . . . finally . . .

After waiting and waiting and waiting, the Ibis finally berthed . . . Amitav Ghosh’s Flood of Fire, the third and last in the Ibis Trilogy released in the last week of May this year . . . I had pre-ordered the book on Amazon and received my copy on 31st May . . . and couldn’t wait to start reading . . . but first, I had to save the exquisite gold and red cover . . . 


Actually, I had planned to re-read Sea of Poppies and River of Smoke and get ready for the Flood of Fire, but the best laid plans of men and so on and so forth . . . anyway, I started to read Flood of Fire and slowly the characters and events started coming into focus . . . but I could read only till page 55  . . . the last set of internal tests at college started the next day and I was flooded with answer scripts for correction and that occupied me for the rest of the week . . . and I had barely finished them then the language lab tests started this Monday onwards and I am stuck in the high seas till the end of this week, more or less . . . and I didn’t want to read Flood of Fire in flickers and flashes . . . at least three hours at a stretch would do very well, actually . . . a real blaze . . . let’s see . . .


There were reviews and excerpts and interviews in newsmagazines and papers the whole of the last week of May and first week of June . . . all very nice, but I like to read interviews with Amitav Ghosh . . . and look forward to the launch and reading in Hyderabad, and I hope there is one . . . and the best part would be to have a picture taken with my really favourite writer and have his autograph on the Flood of Fire . . .

No comments: