Sunday, July 6, 2008

Musings on turning 40

Hello friends…

I touched forty yesterday…a momentous occasion in anybody’s life…(from where does anybody come in, haen?…it is I who has touched 40…so it should be a momentous occasion in my life)…ok…ok…let’s not quarrel…you see, I am having a concurrent conversation with myself…actually, on this momentous occasion (second time…), as I started reflecting (when did you become a mirror…?) on the decades that I have spent on this blessed earth…I realised one thing…nothing has changed… (wow…) anyway, on this momentous occasion, (come on…this is too much, you should use such clichés only occasionally…) as I woke up, I started to worry…(haen…!!!) I haven’t started greying yet!!! (super…) This is terrible, yaar!!! …I especially wanted to start greying at the temples…then I again reflected (you should have mirrored…), since I am not much of a temple-goer, it is not likely to happen anytime soon…so be it…maybe, I should start going to churches… I am not very much into religion and all that stuff…maybe, that is the problem…maybe, it helps one grey…all the same, I feel fit and fine…I can hear my two baby chins sometimes having a chinwag…wagering, actually (on???) …apart from this, things seem to be ok with me…the left knee is trying to act smart…these days, it has started to protest…(very smart) it smarts sometimes…but I don’t bother about such knee-jerk reactions…I wear smarty pants, you see…but I need my left knee…(eh…!! You kneed your left knee? With your right?)…gives a sort of balance, you know…left and the right… help me stand and walk (right…well said, dude)…and of course, I have to have many farewell ceremonies…the lush black hairs on my crown constantly wave me good bye and disappear…strand by strand…but I am an eternal optimist…the hairline recedes and I gain more face…less shampoo… see, I told you…there’s faayda in everything…look at the bright side, maan…I am actually totally fit and fine…looking forward to many more such momentous occasions (you couldn’t resist, na, just to irritate me…)

Here I come (bad word…) ok…ok…arrive…fiery forties…look out…

1 comment:

Vinod Ekbote said...

Jai, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Vinod