Monday, October 10, 2011

Parkermania - still on the the crime fiction trail - 2nd haul @ Best Books Sale - Part 1

When I went to the Best Books sale the first time this time, I got pretty much what I was looking for, except books by Robert B. Parker. I asked them about it and they said they'd be getting a new lot of books and that they'd inform me about the Parker books and took my phone number. I didn't think much about all this and left. But I was pleasantly surprised when I got a call from the Best Books people informing me that they have some Parkers and asked me come and get them. I said I'd come and see the books, but couldn't go there soon because of the strike here in Hyderabad. I got a call again and also a message informing me that they had extended the last date of the exhibition. So, I took some time off two days ago and went there...

I was shown at least 25 books by Robert B. Parker...ooofff...I was not expecting this...I didnt know what to do...how many to select...I tentatively started looking at the books...I was a bit careful this time...I wanted to look for only Spenser novels... Parker has other books too, which I discovered when I ordered 5 books online without doing a bit of homework...while sifting the books I realised that I had quite a pile of Spenser novels in front of me...I then took away the books that I already have and was left with nine Spenser novels...I didn't want to leave behind any of these and with a glad heart I took all of them...Chance, Valediction, Playmates, Small Vices, A Catskill Eagle, Back Story, Hush Money, Early Autumn, and Pale Kings and Princes...



This was an unexpected bonanza for me...but somehow, despite the depletion of my wallet weight to a great extent, I still went around to see if could lay my eyes on something that was not really on my list...

No comments: