Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Heaps of Books for Mamoon and One for Me … Abids haul on the last Sunday of April

As I set out to go to Abids on the last Sunday of April, I had a clear agenda … I was to buy books for Mamoon … Shruti said Mamoon was getting bored at home … all her friends were away on vacation and she ended up watching the dreaded Doraemon endlessly and tirelessly … she seemed interested in Math, Shruti said … (for god’s sake) … and colouring and painting … and I was to pick up books on elementary Math (1st standard) and time-pass colouring and activity books … and Abids overflows with such books and it would be easy to choose a few, so I thought …

That day, I reached late, and Vinod reached Abids even later, so, it was mid-day by the time we all started out book search after our customary tea and biscuit … Shruti had given me a bottle of her summer special mango-vinegar sweet pickle for Vinod, which was duly delivered and thanks received … then I showed off my HMT Pilot Orange dial watch (all colour colour HMT Pilots to come in the next post!!) to Uma and Srikanth …

There were heaps and heaps of painting, colouring and activity books and even more books on elementary mathematics … it took me some time to settle my nerves, haunch down, and start choosing … I decided to stick to one heap and one seller, instead by moving from heap to heap and getting further confused … and after around 40 minutes of searching and selecting I put together two sets of books …    
  
Colour, Craft, Activity books 
Math practice books
It was getting hotter, and I thought I’d call it a day, but I wanted to see if I could find at least one book for myself, having come all the way to Abids on a hot Sunday … I couldn’t concentrate and speed-scanned through the heaps of books … and found The New Yorker Book of Dog Cartoons  



This book appears to be a gift to somebody called Sarita from Marley, Heidi, and Stella … with an additional note from somebody called Jefferson, who explains why Sarita ended up with this book and not some other … very nice … wonder who these people are …




Some months back I had found The New Yorker Book of Cat Cartoons at Abids … and this one on Dog cartoons is a welcome addition … and with this, I quickly concluded my hunt for the day and returned home … 

1 comment:

Vardhan mittal said...

I have a pilot too....full lume one. I know it is hard to resist not showing it of...