Thursday, August 6, 2015

Secondhand Bookshops - Two - Best Book Centre, Lakdi-ka-Pul, Hyderabad …

I won’t say too much here and let the pictures do the talking …

Ok … just a wee bit, otherwise I will feel odd …

I have been buying books from Best Book Centre for a long long time … I visit their exhibitions at YMCA, Secunderabad, whenever they hold them there and after they set up a permanent shop there, I visit that too … but I visited their main shop at Lakdi-ka-Pul for the first time last week … I was speechless, overwhelmed, and never thought I could see so many secondhand books in two rooms … I went around, and every author worth her/his salt is represented there … all kept in neat piles on the tables and stacked on shelves … I am a total idiot … because earlier I kept thinking that LKP is so far away … I’d have to spend money on auto-rickshaws, can’t depend on buses, etc. … but last week’s visit was a breeze, the kind of first visit that puts a spring in your step and makes you want to go there again and again … there is a direct bus from my place to LKP and back … I just had to explore a bit, that’s all …

After buying the books (that I showcased in the previous post), I asked Mr Hamed Ali at the counter if he would be willing to send books outside Hyderabad if there are requests, and he showed me some India Post receipts saying that he has been sending books to people outside Hyderabad and he would be glad to continue to do so … so, here is the address and contact details … phoning is better … and then you can follow up with emails …

BEST BOOK CENTRE
# 6-1-70/1, 1ST FLOOR, ABOVE TIP TOP DRY CLEANERS
BESIDE ASHOKA HOTEL
LAKDI-KA-PUL HYDERABAD – 1

PHONE: 040-24761428

MD. HAMED ALI – MOBILE: 9948118272

Email: bestbookhyd@gmail.com

Best Book Centre also has a website … www.bestbookcentre.com


(and if you found the info here, please tell him where you got it from … will get some brownie points … he he he … )


Sorry … wee bit went on just a weeeeee bit longer than intended …. and, now the pictures … I didn't intend to click any pictures, but when I saw these two rooms so full of books, I felt I had to take pictures and used my mobile phone for that ... it is a simple phone, so the pictures are not as sharp as one might want them to be ... but ...













No comments: