Friday, January 18, 2008

Books about Books-2

I wanted to read all the 6 books and wanted to buy them…but all books were not available in Hyderabad and I went net shopping and found 4 books on indiaplaza. I started with the Interpretation of Murder and finished it soon and enjoyed it, especially the recreation of scenes of early 20th C. New York and the mind games following the murder. I took up The Poe Shadow next, but it took me 3 months to complete it…so much so that I don’t know what I read…I must re-read the book…I am sure it is interesting…but one thing to remember is, you must know a little bit about Poe.

Now, I am reading The Thirteenth Tale. It holds the reader’s attention and I am already hooked. It is about a best-selling author Vita Winter, who tells ‘stories’ about herself to journalists after each book launch, and each story is different from the other. A number of biographies are written about her and no two biographies have anything in common about her life. Many had attempted to uncover the truth, but failed. So, her life is a secret and she decides to reveal her secret to an antiquarian bookseller and bookish biographer, Margaret Lea. I have reached the part where Margaret is in Vita Winter’s house…the novel promises to be engrossing…will let you know once I finish it…I hope it is soon…

Jai

No comments: