Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ad using Fountain Pens...aiyyam laiking eet...

Hi all...
I don’t know whether to call it an old fashioned ad…but the recent Vodafone ad really warmed my heart…in this age of roller ball and gel pens, it was surprising to see an ad using ink and fountain pens as its theme…that too school students using fountain pens!!! And it is so warmly shot…took me back to those school days back in Mangalore…some of us used fountain pens…the boy in the ad is shown using a Hero pen…and the girl has an eye dropper…and the way she draws in the ink drop to her pen by twisting the barrel was exactly how we used to do… and Hero was a very popular pen then…one, it was a foreign pen, and two, it had a filling system that did away with filling the barrel with the help of a dropper and the possible spilling, staining, etc… it was a common thing for us to help each other with ink drops to tide over urgent ink requirements, just like the boy in the ad helps the girl…Vodafone chaps have used this concept very well to sell the idea of ‘chota’ recharge…

I don’t remember any other ad that uses the ‘use’ part of fountain pens so well…It is a nostalgic ad and it brings a smile on my face every time I see it…I hope this ad promotes and provokes interest in fountain pens…or Vodafone chaps should offer a FP along with every mobile connection…ha ha ha…
see ya...
Jai

No comments: