Monday, May 26, 2008

Some pleasant surprises...

Hi all…

At last…I’ve managed to come out of the monotony of correcting answer scripts…I can breathe easy now…but you can never say when some new chore would come up… anyway, some heartening news came my way towards the end of last week…one of my research papers has been accepted for publication and I am happy about it…it will be published in Translation Today in their next issue…this journal also has an online version…very good articles on various aspects of translation studies…Translation Today is published by Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore, National Book Trust, and Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi…and this publication will be a good testimonial for me…and the other surprise was a fabulous catalogue from Fountain Pen Hospital…I don’t really know whether I’d asked them for a catalogue, but there it was in the mail box…you can’t help drooling over all those wonderful photos of some of the most beautiful fountain pens in the world…I know I can afford only some of the basic models, but all the same, being a novice FP collector, it is good to know that this writing tool has so many international variants and designs…I encountered some names for the first time in the catalogue… KroneMontegrappaTacciaLibelleTibaldiAquilaGrayson TigheSignumMonteverde… and such beautiful pens…I must have browsed the catalogue at least 5 times now, and still haven’t had my fill…

On the reading front…I am reading Shantaram now…a few pages at a time…but it is engrossing…I didn’t have the time to go full blast, but now I will…for those of you who have read Maximum City, many sights and sounds described by Gregory David Roberts will be familiar…I am not comparing these two books, but Bombay is the soul of both books…that all embracing all welcoming quality that no other city in India has…or maybe nobody has so far explored any other city with such passion as many people have explored Bombay …

Till next time then…

Jai

No comments: